TeamAlex Hague, Casey Pugh, and Kristen Leach. Based in Brooklyn, New York
Business Inquiries, Press Requestscontact@cmyk.games
Game Support & Feedbackfeedback@cmyk.games
PricingFree to download and play. Additional content packs: USD $1.99-4.99 per pack
Previous ReleasesWavelength tabletop edition, Monikers card game, The Fuzzies
Wavelength is a party game in your pocket. Hot or cold. Soft or hard. Wizard or…not a wizard? Work together to decide where your clue falls on the spectrum – and win by reading your friends’ minds.
The Wavelength app is an evolution of the hit boardgame that allows you to play remotely or in person on iOS and Android devices. And it features loads of new content and designs, like real-time synchronous dial movements and live emotes.
In early 2020, as social distancing set in, Wavelength fans started homebrewing novel ways to play remotely with friends and family. This inspired Alex, Casey, and Kristen to create a mobile-first adaptation that would provide a fun and effortless way to play Wavelength, whether they’re apart or together.
Over 14,000 beta testers and a year and a half later (videogames are hard), the Wavelength app is now officially available!
Board game edition
- 150K+ copies sold worldwide
- Translated into 14+ language
- Released in 2019
- Top 15 party game on boardgamegeek
Digital editionWe’re biased, but Wavelength is the best designed digital boardgame adaptation ever made?
- Over 14K beta testers
- Cross platform: Available for iOS and Android phones and tablet devices
- Remote friendly: Can be played remotely OR in person
- Multiplayer: For 2-10+ players, with 100% cooperative play
- New content: Over 200 unique spectrum cards, over 50 are brand new and only available in the app
- Free to play and absolutely NO ADS
- Get silly: See friends react in real-time with synchronous dial movements and real-time emotes
- Find your lewk: Customizable avatars with over 100,000 unique combinations
How to play
- The goal: Work together to turn the dial as close to the center of a colored target as you can.
- The twist: The target is completely hidden and is in a random location each round.
- Fortunately, one of your teammates is Psychic and knows exactly where the target is
- But they can only give a clue on a spectrum between two opposing concepts. For example, if the spectrum is hot to cold, and the target is on the hot side, you might give the clue, “coffee”. Which is hot but not the hottest thing imaginable.
- Every round you’ll get a clue like this written by one of your friends, and it's up to everyone else to discuss while the clue giver stays silent!
- Once you’re done discussing everyone taps ready and the target is revealed
- The closer to the center you are, the more points you score!
- The game is completely cooperative, so you win or lose as a team.